As further described below, we collect several types of information from and about you that broadly falls into the following categories: identifiers, professional or employment‑related information, financial account information, commercial information, education information, visual information, and internet activity information, among others.
- Information you voluntarily provide to us may include, but not be limited to:
- Contact details, such as name and email address when you register on our website, contact us, email support, register for a demo, or when you fill out forms on our website, participate in surveys or competitions, or request further information or services from us.
- Company identifiers and proof materials, such as when you register for an account on our website.
- Other information you may submit to us, such as billing information.
- Information from third parties:
Periodically, we may collect and use information we receive about you from third parties in connection with your use of the websites. For instance, we may receive information about you from our business partners related to your registration information. We also use third parties for analytics purposes to measure the effectiveness of our website and marketing efforts, and to identify areas for improvement. We endeavor to check that these third parties have your consent or are otherwise legally permitted or required to disclose your personal information to us.
We may combine information collected from third parties with information you provide us to update, expand or provide you with tailored information regarding our products and services.
- Information we collect as you navigate through the website:
As you navigate through our website, we may automatically collect details about your visits, including but not limited to your IP address, usage patterns, traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data.
We also collect some of this information using cookies and similar tracking technologies. For detailed information, please see our Cookies Policy.
Use and Process of Data
Personal data is collected for the following purposes:
- to provide you with access to the content on the website;
- to process and administer your account, to implement and effect the requests or transactions contemplated by the forms available on our website or any other documents you may submit to us from time to time;
- to design new or enhance existing products, information and services provided by us;
- for statistical or actuarial research undertaken by us;
- for advances data analytics, data matching, internal business and administrative purposes;
- to monitor your use of the website and conduct analysis of the use of the website in order to operate, evaluate and improve the website and our services, understand your preferences and troubleshoot any problems;
- to assist in law enforcement purposes, investigations by government or regulatory authorities and to meet requirements imposed by applicable laws and regulations or other obligations committed to government or regulatory authorities;
- to serve advertisements;
- other purposes as notified at the time of collection; and
- other purposes directly relating to any of the above.
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which it was collected, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal data or how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Disclosures of Data
We may need to share your personal data between MioTech and its affiliates in order to provide you with our services, products or manage our operations.
We may also employ the services of third party service providers who provide services to us. These service providers have agreed to confidentiality restrictions and will use any personal data we share with them (or which they collect on our behalf) solely for the purpose of providing agreed services. We take appropriate steps to ensure that such third parties treat your personal data securely. Where third party service providers receive your personal data we remain responsible for the use of your personal data.
We may be required to disclose your personal data to law enforcement bodies, regulators, agencies or other third parties under a legal requirement or court order. We will act responsibly and take account of your interests when responding to any such requests.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising. You always have the right to opt out of receiving marketing material sent by us. You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you, or you can contact us at any time.
Links to Other Websites
In some instances, your personal data is transferred to a different country from where it has been collected. Such instances would include the requirement for us to perform contractual or regulatory obligations or other circumstances permitted by law.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties on a need-to-know basis. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
However, no security is 100 percent effective. While our security offers a reasonable and appropriate level of protection to information that we process, we do not warrant or guarantee that data we collect and process will never be affected by a security incident.
We retain your data for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected. Therefore, we will retain your personal data for the duration your account is active or as needed to provide you agreed services. To determine the appropriate retention period, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. We will delete your data if they are no longer being needed for the purposes for which they were collected or to comply with our legal obligations.
Your Legal Rights
- Under applicable laws and regulations, you may have the right to:
- verify whether MioTech holds any personal data about you and to access any such data;
- correct or update any personal data relating to you;
- withdraw your consent for use or provision of personal data for direct marketing;
- make a complaint about MioTech’s data handling;
- request erasure of personal data held about you, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law; and
- enquire about MioTech’s policies and practices in relation to personal data.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us as set forth below. We will process such requests in accordance with applicable laws. To protect your privacy, we will take steps to verify your identity before fulfilling your request.